AutoCAD 2019 is the most popular program for creating drawings, but by default uses its own format to save them as a document – DWG. AutoCAD has a native ability to convert a project when exporting it for saving or printing to PDF. This article will discuss how to do this.
Convert DWG to PDF
To convert DWG files to PDF, there is no need to use third-party converter programs, since AutoCAD has the ability to do this during the preparation of the file for printing (there is no need to print it, the developers decided to use the PDF-printer function). But if for some reason you need to use a solution from third-party manufacturers, then this will not be a problem either – there are converter programs, and instructions for working with one of them are in this article.
Method 1: Embedded AutoCAD Tools
In a running program with an open DWG project that needs to be converted, you must perform the following steps:
1. Download the latest version of AutoCAD
2. At the top of the main window, on the ribbon with commands, find the “Output” item. Then click on the button with the image of the printer under the name “Plot”.
3. In the part of the new window called “Printer/plotter”, opposite the “Name” item, you need to select a PDF printer. The program presents 4 types:
-AutoCAD PDF (High Quality Print) – designed for high-quality printing;
-AutoCAD PDF (Smallest File) – provides the most compressed PDF file, which due to this takes up very little space on the drive;
-AutoCAD PDF (Web And Mobile) – designed for viewing PDF on the network and on mobile devices;
-DWG To PDF is an ordinary converter.
Choose the one that suits you and click “OK”.
4. Now it remains only to save the PDF-file in the right place on the disk. In the menu of the standard system “Explorer” open the desired folder and click “Save”.
Method 2: Total CAD Converter
This program contains many useful functions that will be useful to people who need to convert a DWG file to many other formats or several documents at the same time. Now we will tell you how to convert DWG to PDF with Total CAD Converter.
1. Download the latest version of Total CAD Converter
2. In the main program menu, locate the file and click on it with the left mouse button. After that, click on the “PDF” button on the top toolbar.
3. In the new window that opens, click on the “Start Conversion” item.
4. Done, the file is converted and is in the same place as the original.
Method 3: AnyConv file converter
To convert DWG to PDF online:
1. Go to AnyConv.com
2. Click “Choose File” button to select a dwg file on your computer.
3. Click “Convert” button to start conversion.
4. Download your PDF.
The method of converting a DWG file to PDF using AutoCAD is one of the most convenient – the process takes place in a program where a DWG is created by default, you can edit it, etc. Many conversion options are also a definite plus of AutoCAD. The article also reviewed the Total CAD Converter program, which is a third-party software development company that handles file conversion with a bang. If you need to quickly convert DWG to PDF online, we recommend using the AnyConv online service.